Fall Newsletter 2021
Thank You Lifeguards
The District wants to send a special thank you to our fantastic 2021 Lifeguards. The health and safety of the Sun Valley Pool patrons was our priority this year. We were able to open the pool for general swim. We faced the same challenges as every other public pool with the shortage of lifeguards. This required us to run the pool at limited capacity, as well as, cancel swim lesson. Unfortunately, the 2021 pool season ended early due to the poor air quality. The District looks forward to next year’s pool season.
Thank You 2021 Recreation Sponsors
Thank you to the Fink Family, 5 Ridges and Immunize Nevada for sponsoring this year’s FREE FAMILY swim days!
Thank you to this year’s Movie in the Park major event sponsor Heritage Bank, other contributing sponsor’s Hobey’s Casino, Shaw Engineering, Lepori Construction, and other generous local businesses who donated to this year’s raffle Atlantis Casino, Bonanza Casino, Bully’s Sports Bar & Grill, DEFY, Fly High Trampoline Park, LP Insurance, National Air Races, Nugget Casino, Pepsi, Pinocchio’s Bar & Grill, PJ & Company, Reno Aces, Reno Media Group, Reno Rodeo, Reno Tang Soo Do, and the ROW. The generosity of these businesses helped make this family event a success!
Please join the District as it partners with Washoe County Human Services to hold the 11th Annual Veterans Celebration on Saturday, November 6, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at the Sun Valley Neighborhood Center at 115 W. 6th Ave., Sun Valley, NV. The ceremony, with words of thanks and recognition, honors all veterans, active and non-active military, then is followed by a free pancake breakfast. Various veteran agencies will be present to provide information and resources to those who may be interested.
CSA’s Weatherization Assistance Program
Looking for ways to manage the increasingly high cost of energy? The Community Services Agency’s Weatherization Assistance Program aims to reduce your monthly energy burden by improving the energy efficiency of your home. Qualifying households in Washoe County receive these services free of charge.
You may qualify for assistance! All homeowners or renters who meet the income eligibility guidelines are encouraged to apply. If you receive Supplemental Security Income (551) or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) you may be automatically eligible. Proof of income and U.S. Citizenship/Legal Residency will be required as part of your application.
Contact CSA for eligibility questions, application assistance, or to request a physical application packet visit www.csareno.org or 775-786-6023.
Don’t let cold weather catch you unprepared, Here are some helpful tips:
- Disconnect and drain all outdoor hoses. Detaching hoses allows water to drain from your faucets and pipes.
- Swamp Coolers: Shut off and disconnect water supply, make sure to winterize your swamp cooler according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Insulate pipes or faucets that pass through unheated areas. Areas of concern may be under the home, garage, crawl space or outside faucet.
- Heat Tape: If you are using heat tape to insulate pipes, be sure to apply it according to manufacturer’s directions. Damaged or older tapes won’t warm pipes and can cause fire.
Online account access is available! Customers can register for a FREE, secure online account to have the ability to view account billings, usage and history. Customers can pay bills online 24 hours a day/7 days a week (service fee applies). To setup your online account, go to www.svgid.com then click Pay Online, followed by Register Now. You will need to enter your SVGID Account #, Last Name (or Company Name) EXACTLY as it appears on your billing statement, and House (or Building) Number. Once your online account is setup you will need to verify the account from a secure automated email sent directly to your email account to complete the registration process.
Customer Contact Information
The District encourages its customers to always keep updated contact information on file. It is important to do this so that customers can be contacted promptly and efficiently for all account and service needs. The District will not mail any refund checks to customers without confirming an accurate mailing address. Please give the office a call today to ensure we have the most up-to-date information on file for you.
DATES TO REMEMBER
- October 14th – District Board Meeting
- October 28th – District Board Meeting
- October 29th – Observance of Nevada Day (District office closed)
- November 6th – Veteran’s Day Celebration
- November 10th – District Board Meeting
- November 11th – Observance of Veterans Day (District office closed)
- November 25th – Observance of Thanksgiving Day (District office closed)
- November 26th – Family Day (District office closed)
- December 9th – District Board Meeting
- December 24th – Observance of Christmas Day (District office closed)
- December 31st – Observance of New Years Day (District office closed)
- January 13th – District Board Meeting
- January 17th – Observance of Martin Luther King Jr. (District office closed)
- January 27th – District Board Meeting