Sun Valley General Improvement District Public Hearing Notice
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN TO ALL SUN VALLEY GENERAL IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT WATER, SEWER, RECREATION AND GARBAGE CUSTOMERS that a Public Hearing will be held at the following time and place:
PLACE: Sun Valley General Improvement District
5000 Sun Valley Blvd
Sun Valley, Nevada 89433
Use Lower level entrance – accessed from Prosser Way
TIME: Thursday, October 22, 2020 time certain at 6:00 p.m. and continuing at such place and/or at any other place, or subsequent time to which the Hearing may be continued, until the Hearing has been completed. Pursuant to Section 1 of the Declaration of Emergency Directive 006, the requirement contained in NRS 241.023(1)(b) that there be a physical location designated for meeting of public bodies where members of the public are permitted to attend and participate will be limited to 5 public audience members.
The purpose of such Hearing is that the Board of Trustees of the Sun Valley General Improvement District proposes to establish and/or amend its Rules and/or Regulations regarding the following:
- Amend Rule No. 1 providing updates to Definitions.
- Amend Rule No. 2 providing updates to Description and Limitations on Service Water Rights Policy and updating Water Rights Exhibit C estimated demands.
- Amend Rule No. 5 providing updates to Section II, Payment of Bills and Penalty for Non-Payment, to include language regarding disputed credit/debit card payments.
- Amend Rule 7, Public Information, to include section on Public Records Requests and add Public Records Request Policy as an Exhibit.
- Amend Rule No. 12, Deposits, Section I, Amount to Establish or Re-Establish Credit by increasing the water service deposit amount for water customers from $170.00 to $200.00 and for sewer service only customers from $85.00 to $100.00.
- Amend Rule No. 15 providing updates to Water Service Connection and Customer’s Facilities to reference inspection and damage fees on the District’s Utility Fee Schedule; increasing the inspection fee for Non-Residential Backflow Prevention Devices from $35.00 to $40.00; providing updates to section I.D., Right of Access to Premises of Customers making Customers responsible for District costs associated with the removal of any obstructions.
- Reclassify Rule No. 16 from Water Service Lines and Facilities to a New Development Rule and setting forth requirements for New Development directly or by reference to other rules; including new language requiring Developer deposits to a District Trust Account for construction requiring the extension or oversizing of District facilities; and imposing $100.00 administrative charge for refund requests of certain Trust Account deposits when construction doesn’t occur.
- Amend Rule No. 21 regarding Water Rates and Fees, to increase Emergency Service Fee from $30.00 not to exceed $60.00; discontinue after hour installs for new service; update Section I.F., Non-Taxpaying Customers, to authorize the District to increase the Service Charge in Section I.C.1 for customers receiving service within an incorporated city; providing updates to General Water Facilities Charge Payment Options and implementation of $100.00 administrative fee for refunds.
- Amend Rule No. 22 regarding Sewer Rates and Fees, to increase emergency service fee in Section IV.D. from $30 not to exceed $60; and discontinue after hour installs for new service; General Sewer Facilities Charge Payment Options and implementation of $100.00 administrative fee for refunds.
- Amend Rule No. 23 providing updates to Additional Charges including the moving of the following charges and fees to the District’s Utility Fee Schedule; Section I.C., Construction Inspection, increasing fee from 1.5 times labor and equipment to $100.00 per hour, per inspection and Section VI., Facility Damage Fees, by increasing the Cut Lock fee from $25.00 to $100.00 and all other Damaged Facilities charged at actual cost, time and material, per occurrence.
- Amend Rule No. 24 providing updates to Annexation applicant/developer responsibilities.
- Amend Rule No. 28 providing updates to Recreation Fee to clarify customers and/or services subject to the Recreation Fee; including as an Exhibit the District’s Naming of Recreation Facilities Policy.
Copies of the exact changes as proposed will be available at the District office by Wednesday the week before the hearing.
Such hearing is to afford all users of the services provided by SVGID a reasonable opportunity to submit data, views or arguments, orally or in writing, for consideration by the Board of Trustees, who will, after such hearing, determine whether to adopt proposed language, increase, decrease and/or amend such rates and/or service charged and, if so, the specific language and the amount of such increases, decreases, amendments, and charges.
Pursuant to Section 2 of Directive 006, member of the public may submit public comment by leaving a voicemail at (775) 673-2220 ext. 220, providing a written public comment using the District’s drop box located by the flag pole at the District office or mail to Sun Valley General Improvement District, Attn: General Manager, 5000 Sun Valley Blvd., Sun Valley, NV 89433 or email to email@example.com. Messages received prior to 4pm on the day of the meeting will be provided and/or transcribed and provided to the Board of Trustees for review and entered into the record.
Sun Valley General Improvement District is an equal opportunity provider and employer.