- Effective December 14, 2020 a $200.00 Deposit is required at the time of application for service. The deposit is waived if the customer can be verified as the legal landowner, or if the landowner allows waiver.
- The deposit earns interest based on the U.S. Treasury Bills and is adjusted semi-annually.
- The deposit and interest will be applied to your account after 3 years IF the account meets credit criteria.
- If you disconnect service before the deposit has been applied, the deposit and interest is applied to your final bill. Any remaining credit is mailed to the account holder after disconnect and once a current address has been verified. Please contact the District if you have not recieved your refund within 90 days if applicable.
ACCOUNT SET-UP FEE
- A $30.00 Account Set-Up Fee will be charged on the first billing statement.
- Effective December 11, 2017 the monthly base rate is $24.00 (this is applies to a standard 3/4 inch service); the base rate for larger meters is higher. The base rate does not include any water usage.
- Effective June 1, 2022 the usage charge is $2.46 per one thousand gallons for 100% of water that goes through the meter. A family of 3 to 4 average usage is between 5,000 and 7,000 gallons per month. This does not include irrigation, use of swamp cooler or other water usage.
REGIONAL WATER MANAGEMENT FEE
- Effective October 1, 1995, a fee of 1.5% (WATER ONLY) has been imposed by the Board of County Commissioners to fund the planning and administration of the Regional Planning Commission required by Senate Bill 489, which was passed by the 1995 Legislature.
- The sewer charge is based on your metered water usage.
- Effective April 15, 2009, the monthly base rate for residential and commercial sewer is $17.14.
- Effective April 15, 2009, the residential usage charge is $4.29 per one thousand gallons up to your sewer maximum (see explanation).
- Effective April 15, 2009, the commercial accounts are charged sewer based on all water usage at the rate of $4.57 per one thousand gallons. Depending on the type of business there may also be a surcharge.
- Effective January 15, 2015 the minimum usage charge is based on 500 gallons.
- Effective April 21,2015, a charge of $3.50 has been imposed by the Sun Valley General Improvement District Board of Trustees to fund the operations, maintenance and administration of the Sun Valley General Improvement District’s Recreation Facilities.
- The Sun Valley General Improvement District has discount programs available for assistance with the recreation fees and garbage assistance. Contact our office for more information.
BILLING PERIOD, LATE FEE AND RECONNECTION FEES
- Sun Valley General Improvement District reads the meter on approximately the same day each month. The bills will be mailed once a month and your account is due by the date printed on your bill (typically 20 calendar days from the billing date).
- Sun Valley General Improvement District has NO grace period and encourages its customers to make payment arrangements if more time is needed.
- If payment is not received on or before the due date a LATE/TERMINATION NOTICE will be mailed stating the deadline for payment and the date service will be disconnected.
- A late fee equal to 5% of the balance will be applied to the delinquent account at this time.
- If payment is not received by the next billing date, the new statement will also re-state the disconnect date. Service will be disconnected on this date unless payment is received or arrangements are made with our office.
- Once the Service Technician is dispatched to disconnect service, the past due balance must be paid in full before service can be restored.
- A reconnect fee of $40.00 will be billed to the account if past due balance is paid between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm.
- A reconnect fee of $100.00 will be collected with the past due balance if the request for reconnection is made between 4:30 pm and 5:00 pm and you want service reconnected that evening ($40.00 reconnect fee and $60.00 after hour’s fee).
- A reconnect fee of $100.00 will be collected with the past due balance if the request for reconnection is made after 5:00 pm by calling the after-hours number and requesting reconnection by the On Call Field Technician. Payment must be present (by check or money order only) to the On Call Field Technician, or by paying online.