Fall Pipeline 2020
- Pdf: Download PDF
Sun Valley Pool Upgrades
It was a very difficult decision for your Board of Trustees to cancel the 2020 pool season. However, we have used this time to repair and update the facility using the Recreation Fund. We have painted the outside of the building and removed and replaces plater and tile on the interior of the main pool. We are excited for everyone to see the updates when we open for the 2021 pool season next Spring.
Illegal Dumping Update
Sun Valley General Improvement District is proud to partner with the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office to curb illegal dumping in Sun Valley. One of our most recent cleanup efforts occurred in July when the District, community members and Washoe County Sheriff’s Office work crews spent over 100 man hours to remove debris filling two 40 dumpsters and 17 card from Washoe County Right of Way property on Klondike Dr. We encourage residents to report active illegal dumping (in action) waste or vehicles by calling Washoe County Sheriff’s Dispatch at 775-785-9276 or to report a dumpsite to be cleaned up by calling 329-DUMP (775-329-3867).
Veteran’s Appreciation Event
Due to COVID-19 and the uncertainty around public events, we are unfortunately unable to hold our annual Veteran’s Appreciation Event. We hope to see you next year to celebrate those who have given and still give so much for our country.
Sun Valley Blvd. Pedestrian Improvement Project
The RTC has been busy updating and beautifying Sun Valley Blvd. The RTC project is aimed to improvement the pedestrian experience in the Valley. The project will include: Two new pedestrian activated rapid flashing beacon crossings at Quartz Lane and Middle Fork Dr.; Dedicated left-turn lane from northbound Sun Valley Blvd. to Staci Way; Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) improvements; New sidewalks and bike lanes; Drainage improvements; New pavement; an upgraded traffic signal at Sun Valley Blvd. and 7th Ave. and reconfiguration of the intersection to improve safety and Aesthetic improvements.
The Sun Valley General Improvement District will be holding a Tariff Hearing on October 22, 2020 to amend various rules for clarification purposes as well as possible rate and fee adjustments.
Early Voting will be available at the Sun Valley Neighborhood Center October 17th thru October 30th, 2020 and General voting on November 3, 2020.
DATES TO REMEMBER
- September 24th – District Board Meeting
- October 8th – District Board Meeting
- October 22nd – District Tariff Hearing
- October 30th – Nevada Day (District office closed)
- November 11th – Veteran’s Day (District office closed)
- November 12th – District Board Meeting
- November 26th & 27th – Thanksgiving (District office closed)
- December 10th – District Board Meeting
- December 24th – Christmas Eve (District offices at 1pm)
- December 25th – Christmas Day (District office closed)
- January 1st – New Year’s Day (District office closed)
- January 14th – District Board Meeting
- January 28th – District Board Meeting