Summer Newsletter 2022
Congratulations – Employee Promotions
The District is proud to announce the promotion of Chris Melton from Public Works Director to General Manager; and Brad Baeckel from Field Supervisor to Public Works Director.
Water Quality Report
The District is proud that our drinking water continues to meet all state and federal drinking water quality standards as it has for more than 50 years. We know the quality of your water is important to you and we take all water regulations very seriously. To view the Water Quality Report please visit the District’s website or if you have any questions please contact the District’s Public Works Director.
Watering Day Reminder
The District recommends following Truckee Meadows Water Authority’s schedule to water three times per week.
Odd addresses should water on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
Even addresses should water on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
For more water conservation tips visit the District’s website at svgid.com.
End of Season Pool Party
You’re invited to attend the end of season Pool Party Saturday, August 13th, 12pm – 5pm. There will be fun games and prizes throughout the day (general admission rates apply). The pool will close for the season at 5:00pm on Sunday, August 14th in conjunction with the Washoe County School District Balanced Calendar. Be sure to enjoy the remaining weeks of the summer at the pool during normal pool hours Tuesday through Sunday 12:00pm to 5:00pm.
Envision Washoe 2020 – Survey #2
In response to the opportunities and challenges facing our region, Washoe County is re-envisioning the County’s approach to growth. Envision Washoe 2040 is a community driven process aimed at updating the County’s Master Plan and Development Code to focus on the goals, policies, codes, and programs needed for our diverse and dynamic community to thrive in the next ten to twenty years.
Please take their second survey to provide your input. Visit envisionwashoe2040 to take the survey.
Did You Know – Payment Options
Payment options accepted. The District has a variety of methods in which customers can pay their bills.
• ONLINE (24/7) with Visa/MasterCard/Discover* at www.svgid.com
• BY PHONE (during regular business hours M-F 8-5) with Visa/MasterCard/Discover* at 775-673-2220
• IN PERSON (during regular business hours M-F 8-5) with cash, check, money order or Visa, MasterCard or Discover*
• BY MAIL with check, money order or BillPay at 5000 Sun Valley Blvd, Sun Valley NV 89433
• IN DROP BOX with check or money order in parking lot at 5000 Valley Blvd, Sun Valley NV 89433
• BY AUTOPAY (ACH) with registered checking account – inquire at District office
*service fee applies and will be collected at time of payment. Current service fee is $2.35 per transaction.
Special Thanks – Movie In The Park Sponsors
Sun Valley General Improvement District wants to thank Washoe County Sheriff’s Office, Reno United Tang Soo Do, Sun Valley Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth, Girl Scout Troop 272, for making the Sun Valley Movie in the Park event successful. A special thank you to all the sponsors, Heritage Bank, Shaw Engineering, P&J Company Restaurant, LP Insurance, Bonanza Casino, Bully’s Sports Bar, Nugget Casino, Wild Island, Reno National Championship Air Races, Fly High Trampoline Park, and Reno Aces.
The District is accepting photo submittals for this year’s photo contest. Photo contest is open to all District customers and photos must be photographed within Sun Valley. Visit the District’s website for a complete set of contest rules. Cash prizes will be given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place and photos will be displayed in the District office. Submittal deadline is September 30, 2022 and you can submit your photo on the District’s website.
Community Service Award
The District is accepting nominations of local people and/or businesses that go above and beyond to improve the quality of life for the Sun Valley community, to receive a Community Service Award. The annual award winners will be recognized and presented with a plaque by the District Trustees. Please submit your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submittal deadline is September 30, 2022.
Sun Valley Car Show
You’re invited to attend Impalas Car Club Car Show on September 3rd from 9am-2pm at the Sun Valley Community Park. This event is free to car lovers and the general public. There will be great raffle prizes along with 50/50 raffle, food and music. Those interested in entering their car, all makes and model of cars are welcome, there is a $25 registration fee. Portion of the proceeds will be donated to Alta Vista Metal Health for mental health awareness for Northern Nevada. For more information please contact Kevin at email@example.com.
Recycling Event Results
The District partnered with Intelligent Lifecycle Solutions this April to provide electronic recycling for its customers. This event was very successful with 293 vouchers distributed to District customers, the collection of 152 televisions, 10 monitors and a total of 13,462 pounds of various electronics recycled.
As reminder Intelligent Lifecycle Solutions accepts electronic recycling year-round, fees apply for TV’s and CRT monitors. For more information, call 775-690-9348.
If you are in need of disposing appliances/heavy metal, Sims Metal accepts recycling year-round. For more information call 775-331-3023.
DATES TO REMEMBER
- July 4th – Observance of Independence Day (District Office closed)
- July 4th – Free Swim Day
- July 9th – SVCAB Meeting – Hobey’s Casino Banquet Room
- July 14th – District Board Meeting
- July 28th – District Board Meeting
- August 6th – SVCAB Meeting – Hobey’s Casino Banquet Room
- August 11th – District Board Meeting
- August 13th – End of Season Pool Party
- August 14th – Last Pool Day
- August 25th – District Board Meeting
- September 3rd – Chevy Impala Car Club Show
- September 5th – Observance of Labor Day (District Office Closed
- September 8th – District Board Meeting
- September 10th – SVCAB Meeting – Hobey’s Casino Baquet Room
- September 22nd – District Board Meeting
- October 1st – SVCAB Meeting Hobey’s Casino Banquet Room
- October 13th – District Board Room
- October 27th – District Board Room
- October 28th – Observance of Nevada Day (District Office Closed)